The Mission of HillTop Baptist Church
- To be a dynamic body empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with the people of our church, community, and world.
- To embrace the greatest commandment of loving the Lord with all our heart, soul, and mind (Matt. 22:36-40).
- To cultivate an experience in worship that is rooted in a spirit-filled life.
- To be a fellowship of believers that ministers to people in the church, community, and world in Jesus’ name. Ministry begins by being Christ-like in daily living through total commitment of life, personality, and possessions to the lordship of Christ.
We agree by the direction of the Holy Spirit:
- To walk together in Christian love, to strive for the advancement of God’s kingdom by virtue of church knowledge, holiness, comfort; to promote its spirituality, to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, and the relief of the poor.
- To encourage family and private devotions, to spiritually educate our children, to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances, to walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Savior.
- To watch over one another in brotherly love, to remember one another in prayer, to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and Christian courtesy; to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation and mindful of the commandments of our Savior to secure it without delay.
- That when we remove ourselves from this place we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s word.
HillTop Baptist Church is a family of friends. The Church started as the Bible Baptist Church on November 26, 1972. There were twenty charter members. In 1973, property was purchased on Flaming Gorge Way in Green River.
Then in 1975, the young and merging congregation affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, the largest protestant denomination in the world.
It was in the early 1980s that property was secured overlooking the beautiful city of Green River. The name was changed to reflect the new location, HillTop Baptist Church. The church has grown over the years. Guests are in regular attendance and are always welcome. HillTop Baptist Church is focused on bringing honor to God by expressing His great love to our immediate community, around the great state of Wyoming, and the World!
The future is bright for the congregation, as we continue to keep our eyes on The Lord Jesus Christ! We are reminded that we are the only organization in the world that primarily exists for its non-members. We exist for those who aren’t here yet!